Recipe by Koshka
My boyfriends mother made these over the weekend and they are the best I have ever had. I pride myself on being a "sweets snob" so if I say they are the best then either they are, or they are darn close to it! This recipe came out of a magazine but all that it says on the bottom is July/August 2006. Enjoy!
Top Review by ladyfingers
While these brownies tasted good, they were a little too chewy for us. I had a hard time determining if the brownies were even done at the recommended 25 minutes--an inserted toothpick came out pretty messy looking. I baked a bit longer and the end product was a chewy brownie. Good...not exceptional. Guess we're more of a cake-like brownie family, so that's our problem, not the fault of this recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups pioneer biscuit and baking mix
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 5 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Please note that the first 6 ingredients listed are for the brownies. The last 5 ingredients listed are for the chocolate frosting!
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Beat butter, sugar, cocoa, and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs, mixing thoroughly. Gradually stir in Biscuit & Baking Mix, mixing until batter is smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- While brownies are cooling prepare the Chocolate Frosting.
- Mix butter, milk and cocoa in a medium saucepan. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners' sugar, blending well. Stir in vanilla. Frost cooled brownies.