Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the jumbo bag of Guittard real semi sweet chocolate chips. Note: This recipe contains more chocolate chips than flour. They are extremely decadent.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) or 1 cup pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl cream butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add dry ingredients until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop by well rounded teaspoonfuls or 1/2 ounce scoop onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool cookies on rack.
- Recipe makes 8 dozen 2-inch cookies.