Plan ahead the salmon will need to marinade for at least 8 hours, this marinade is enough for up to 16 ounces of salmon- you may adjust the fresh garlic and cayenne pepper to taste --- you will LOVE this!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (can use Canola oil or peanut oil)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or use crushed red chili flakes)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (or use 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt (optional and to taste)
- In a large bowl whisk the first 10 ingredients until well blended starting with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Mix in the minced garlic and green onions.
- Pour over salmon.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours, turning the salmon over a few time during chilling.
- Discard the marinade and grill salmon over medium-high heat (about 4 minutes per side).
Made it last weekend for me and my BF and it turned out fantastic. I used vegetable oil and lemon juice and the rest I did everything as stated leaving out the salt as we do not like the food too salty our preference.Thanks Kittencal your recipes are always a hit!!
Oh my stars, this was good! My husband said, "You've made good salmon before, but this is the BEST!" I have to agree. Made 1/3 recipe for the two of us. Marinated about 5 hours and reduced the marinade while the salmon was grilling. The sauce was to die for! Oh my! This recipe is a keeper for sure!
This was very good. We enjoy this as well as many other recipes of Kittencal's.