Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead the salmon will need to marinade for at least 8 hours, this marinade is enough for up to 16 ounces of salmon- you may adjust the fresh garlic and cayenne pepper to taste --- you will LOVE this!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (can use Canola oil or peanut oil)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (or use crushed red chili flakes)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced (or use 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 4 green onions, chopped
- salt (optional and to taste)
- In a large bowl whisk the first 10 ingredients until well blended starting with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
- Season with salt if desired.
- Mix in the minced garlic and green onions.
- Pour over salmon.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8-24 hours, turning the salmon over a few time during chilling.
- Discard the marinade and grill salmon over medium-high heat (about 4 minutes per side).
Made it last weekend for me and my BF and it turned out fantastic. I used vegetable oil and lemon juice and the rest I did everything as stated leaving out the salt as we do not like the food too salty our preference.Thanks Kittencal your recipes are always a hit!!
All your recipes are fantastic but this one is by far my favorite!
Oh my stars, this was good! My husband said, "You've made good salmon before, but this is the BEST!" I have to agree. Made 1/3 recipe for the two of us. Marinated about 5 hours and reduced the marinade while the salmon was grilling. The sauce was to die for! Oh my! This recipe is a keeper for sure!