Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad welcomes experimentation with other ingredients including: cooked sweet corn, alfalfa sprouts, snow peas, fresh herbs, olives or sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 cups cooked quinoa or 2 cups kamut or 2 cups rice or 2 cups millet or 2 cups barley or 2 cups posole or 2 cups wild rice or 2 cups pasta shells
- 1 cup cooked chicken breasts (optional) or 1 cup salmon (optional) or 1 cup tempeh (optional) or 1 cup cooked beans (optional)
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery or 1 stalk fennel, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell peppers or 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 2 sliced scallions
- toasted chopped nuts or sunflower seeds or eggs, slices or grated cheese, to garnish
- 1⁄3 cup salad dressing, of choice
- Combine salad ingredients, dress and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce.
- For Vegetarian omit the cooked chicken breasts or salmon and use the Temphe or the beans instead.
This is good. 4 1/2 stars. I used cooked white quinoa, cooked chicken thigh which was all ready in the fridge, the carrot & celery but not the bell pepper out of preference. I used just one scallion as they were big and toasted some blanched sliced almonds in a dry pan. I used a fresh lemon & unrefined olive oil to make a dressing with freshly ground black pepper, sea salt and dried oregano. I served it on top of a bed of baby arugula and baby spinach for a light meal.