72 hrs 30 mins
Even vegetable soup haters I know love this soup. My mom made it all winter, and it would be gone in no time! It freezes great. Put only potatoes and carrots in it, puree, and it's an excellent protein/vitamin rich baby food. Or, add the rest of the ingredients and make a mouth watering comfort food! Some soup pots have collanders inside them, this may make the cooking process easier for you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1place meat into soup pot.
- 2add onion, celery, and tomatoes.
- 3fill pot with water, bring to a boil.
- 4let simmer for 2 days, shutting off when you leave home.
- 5cool to room temperature.
- 6run soup through a strainer over a big bowl.
- 7pick out any nice meat pieces to add to the stock.
- 8take the back of a big spoon and the veggie pieces and fat through a strainer.
- 9add to stock.
- 10refrigerate for a day and skim the fat off the top.
- 11add veggies and heat up again.
- 12you now have a fat free, delicous soup!
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Most Wonderful Beef and Vegetable Soup!
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.1
- Calories from Fat 406
- Total Fat 45.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 156.4 mg
- Sodium 777.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 48.3 g