1/6 Photos of The Last Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe You'll Ever Try
These are the most amazing cookies. They are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and freeze so well. You can't even tell they were frozen! The best part - they are drop cookies, no shaping necessary. If you love nuts, use crunchy peanut butter and add the nuts, if not, use creamy PB and 2 cups of peanut butter chips. Cook time is for one batch. Dough keeps well in fridge so you can bake a batch every day and have fresh cookies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups butter or 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter or 1 1/2 cups crunchy peanut butter, your choice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 12 ounces peanut butter chips
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- 1Cream peanut butter and margarine, add sugars and mix well.
- 2Add eggs and mix until creamy.
- 3Add remaining ingredients.
- 4Chill for one hour-I usually skip this step and chill between batches.
- 5Drop by teaspoonful onto cookie sheets- do not flatten.
- 6Bake at 325°F for 15 minutes.
- 7Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes then transfer onto newspaper- the newspaper soaks up extra grease so the cookies don't become crumbly, little trick I learned from my MIL- this is also optional.
- 8Edited to add - Immediately after the cookies are completely cooled I always transfer them to an airtight container. Several posters have mentioned the cookies get hard if you leave them out. I have never had that problem - these cookies have always stayed soft and moist if they are stored in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Last Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe You'll Ever Try
Serving Size: 1 (2475 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 131.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 2.8 g