Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For those who enjoy a real cocktail -- very dry and straight up. This is potent -- one is sufficient.
- 4 ounces vodka (I use Stolichnaya Gold, but any premium brand is fine)
- 2 slices lemon peel, yellow part only (about 1/4-inch wide by 1-inch long)
- 2 large pimento stuffed olives
- 1 ounce cold water
- dry french vermouth
- Chill a large stemmed martini glass until frosty.
- Cut two slices from lemon peel, making sure to get only the peel and none of the white pith.
- Spear the two olives with a toothpick.
- Fill shaker about half full of cracked ice - do not use shaved ice.
- Pour vodka and water over ice. Twist one piece of the lemon peel over the shaker to release the oil and drop into shaker.
- Open vermouth bottle, wave cork over shaker, turn toward France and bow. Replace cork in vermouth bottle.
- Close shaker and shake vigorously, or stir with long spoon until outside of shaker is frosty.
- Strain liquid into martini glass. Garnish with olives.
- Twist remaining piece of lemon peel over drink fairly close to surface so that spritz of lemon oil goes into the drink.
- Rub rim with lemon peel, and drop peel into glass.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.