Recipe by auntchelle
This has replaced our family Christmas cake it is so good. You can easily add or change flavour to suit yourselves. Suggestions: trying adding rum essence; add a handful of nuts and glace cherries at Xmas; or add small amount of chocolate chips. Requires overnight soaking. Freezes well. (Australian measurements used)
Top Review by gemgirl31
I feel that this recipe is missing something the dried fruit was the only sugar in the recipe and after only 30 min in the oven it was done. This recipe was not very good... I was not impressed with it at all. Sour tasting
Directions See How It's Made
- Add coffee to fruit and soak overnight.
- Next day preheat oven to 160 deg Celsius. Lightly grease and line a 21cmx21cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the flour to the soaked fruit and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Bake for approximately 2 hours, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. (If any exposed fruit on top is browning too quickly, cover cake with loose layer of aluminium foil.).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.