Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has replaced our family Christmas cake it is so good. You can easily add or change flavour to suit yourselves. Suggestions: trying adding rum essence; add a handful of nuts and glace cherries at Xmas; or add small amount of chocolate chips. Requires overnight soaking. Freezes well. (Australian measurements used)
- Add coffee to fruit and soak overnight.
- Next day preheat oven to 160 deg Celsius. Lightly grease and line a 21cmx21cm cake tin with baking paper.
- Add the flour to the soaked fruit and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Bake for approximately 2 hours, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. (If any exposed fruit on top is browning too quickly, cover cake with loose layer of aluminium foil.).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.