Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the way my family does chicken and rice.
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water or 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 6 pieces chicken
- Mix first four ingredients and pour into a 9x13 baking dish, or dutch oven, or roaster -- Anything really.
- Place chicken on top and nestle into the rice.
- Place in oven and bake for an hour and a half. Cooking time will vary based on temperature.
Very yummy and super easy. My only wish is that you add the heat you cooked yours on, I had mine on 200 degrees celcius for half an hour and it was fully cooked. I added carrots and just used chicken breast cut up in to pieces. Thanks for sharing.
Made for PAC Spring 2012.