Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A basic cookie dough with many options for fillings/toppings. I saw the chefs on The Crew make this and thought I'd like to try it as the combinations are limitless! They gave me ideas I never would have thought of. Can't wait to try it. Recipe says it serves 12 but does not give a yield, so that is a guesstimate.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a medium sized bowl.
- In a separate bowl, cream the butter and sugars together until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs in one at a time until incorporated. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients in 3 batches (1/3 each time).
- Add your favorite fillings/toppings (see below).
- Scoop cookies out onto a greased cookie sheet and place in a 325 degree oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Suggestions for fillings/toppings - chocolate chips, walnuts, shredded coconut, puffed rice, oats, sea salt, Hersheys Kisses, peanut butter, pine nuts, bacon (cooked and crumbled), white pepper, M&M's or dried chipotle peppers. Use your imagination!