1/4 Photos of The Broon's Clapshot for Burn's Night
Slightly different from other recipes posted here, this is one from Glasgow and goes well wi the Haggis! NOTE floury potatoes are needed here
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes with the swede in lightly salted water until cooked through.
- 2gently fry the onions in 1 oz of the butter until soft but not browned.
- 3mash the potato and swede together with the remaining butter and add the fried onions.
- 4mix in the chives and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 5Serve hot with Haggis or oatcakes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Broon's Clapshot for Burn's Night
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 584.3
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 364.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 16.9 g
- Protein 8.3 g