Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
When my mother was married, she was given a recipe shower. This was the brownie recipe she received and she's used it ever since- always a favorite.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄2 cup shortening (butter preferred)
- 1 cup nuts (broken or chopped)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs until light. Add sugar and beat again. Melt chocolate with shortening and add to egg mixture, blend well. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Sift flour with salt and fold into chocolate mixture. Bake in 9x9 pan at 350 degrees.
- No- didn't forget the baking powder- good fudgie brownies don't have any!