Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Many 5-star ratings of Rachael Ray's recipe prompted me to steal it. ;o) Serve this as a dipper or topper.
Top Review by Diva Sarah
Really good! I did make a mistake and just combined everything together at the beginning - whoops! I just simmered it a litte longer and it was delicious! I prepared it as written with two exceptions: instead of parsley I used basil, and I only added a dash of red pepper flakes as we like it mild. Went wonderful with the stromboli I prepapred.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste, optional but recommended
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a small pot over medium heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, pepper flakes and anchovy paste. Cook 2 minutes.
- Add parsley, tomatoes, salt and pepper. Stir sauce, bring to a bubble and simmer 5 minutes over low heat then place in small bowl and serve.