Recipe by katedanger
I found this recipe over at vegweb.com but I am typing it up here so I can use the easy conversions and see the nutritional information. It received so many positive comments that I have to try it. One of the only complaints is that it can be very salty, so you might want to consider cutting back on the soy sauce or not adding additional salt.
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain soymilk
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup tamari or 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 ounces firm tofu
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs macaroni noodles
- 2 teaspoons mustard (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil water in a big pot for the pasta.
- All of the ingredients sans pasta can easily go in a blender (liquid and powdered) -- this is by far the easiest way.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and put it in the baking pan pour the cheese sauce over the pasta.
- Bake until the top of the pasta looks slightly browned and crispy about 15 minutes.