1/1 Photo of The Best Tuscan Garlic Chicken
Jeremiah Comer's Note:
This rich, flavorful recipe is always a hit with my guests. This recipe uses some shortcuts in exchange for spending more time boosting the flavor to the recipes that are out there.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (22 ounce) bag frozen grilled chicken breasts (Tyson Grilled & Ready Strips)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut julienne
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta, cooked al dente in salted water
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 3/4 pints heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup white wine (Recommend chardonnay)
- 6 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Slice the bell pepper julienne and place on a baking sheet. Toss peppers in olive oil and 2 minced gloves of garlic and spread them out. Season with salt and pepper and place in oven.
- 2Roast peppers for 10-15 minutes until edges begin to darken and the peppers become tender, stirring peppers halfway through. Set roasted red peppers aside.
- 3Bring a pot of water to boil and cook pasta while following the next steps.
- 4In a medium sauce pan on low-medium heat, add 3 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and stick of butter. After butter melts, whisk in the flour.
- 5Add the white wine to the sauce pan. Add the thyme, basil, and sun-dried tomatoes to the sauce. Allow to simmer 2 minutes until wine has reduced.
- 6Add the heavy cream to the sauce. After sauce comes back up to temperature, slowly stir in the Parmesan cheese. Stir often until cheese is melted and the sauce becomes smooth. Allow the sauce to simmer on low heat while preparing the chicken.
- 7In a large saute pan on medium-high, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the frozen chicken breast strips. When the chicken is halfway warmed-through, add the roasted red peppers and saute until the chicken is well browned.
- 8Reduce the heat to medium and pour the sauce over the chicken and roasted red peppers. Stir well to incorporate all the browned chicken bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 9Add the spinach and stir well to allow sauce to wilt the leaves.
- 10Add the drained fettuccine pasta to the saute pan and stir using tongs to coat the pasta well.
- 11Serve with fresh garlic bread and salad. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Tuscan Garlic Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 702.7
- Calories from Fat 436
- Total Fat 48.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 239.7 mg
- Sodium 443.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 33.5 g