This recipe makes about a MILLION of the best sugar cookies I've ever had! I'm not sure exactly how many...6 dozen was a guess...maybe more! The icing dries to be nice and firm. Perfect for stacking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1In a very large mixing bowl, beat the eggs.
- 2Add butter, sugar, evaporated milk and mix well.
- 3Add a tiny amount of water to the baking soda (just enough to stir) and add to the bowl.
- 4Sift flour and baking powder together; blend gradually into cookie mixture.
- 5Chill until easily handled.
- 6Grease and flour cookie sheets.
- 7Roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness and cut into desired shapes.
- 8Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- 9Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 10Ice cooled cookies Icing: Sift powdered sugar into a bowl.
- 11Add evaporated milk and vanilla, mix well.
- 12Add food color if desired.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Sugar Cookie Cut-Outs W/ Icing
Serving Size: 1 (2172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1345.3
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 21.9 g
- Cholesterol 195.4 mg
- Sodium 618.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 230.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 107.1 g
- Protein 21.6 g