Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend of mine at my bridal shower. I have tried other chocolate chip recipes before, but none come even close to this one. These cookies are so soft, and the best part is you can be creative in what you add. I have used Andes Mint pieces, butterscotch chips, white chocolate, you name it, it works in this recipe! Yummy! This makes a lot of cookies! I have tried to half the recipe, but the eggs gets a bit tricky and they don't seem to turn out quite as good. I usually make the whole batch, and then I put the extra dough formed into log shapes, wrapped in wax paper, then placed in ziplock bags into my freezer. You can have cookies ready almost immediately that way. You can either defrost them fully, or I just slice the dough (kind of like the store bought dough in a tube) and bake them for a few extra minutes.
- Cream together first (5) ingredients.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- In seperate bowl sift all dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Add chips and nuts, stir to combine.
- Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheets (2" apart).
- Bake in preheated oven, 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.