Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
According to my son, this is 'the best Mac 'n' cheese”. I hope if you try this, you'll enjoy it. The cook time includes cooking the pasta. Posted October 24th 2005.
Top Review by sosiboys
I made it exactly just the way it says and it didnt look or taste good. My kids are used to the creamy macaroni and this looked like it was old and not very tasty. I'll stick to my favorite Lubys macaroni and cheese.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
cheesy white sauce
- 2 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan, heat water over medium heat until water is a rolling boil.
- Add pasta and cook until pasta is "al dente", or fork tender.
- Drain, do not rinse.
- In the same pan as you cooked pasta, add flour and milk.
- Stir with whisk until slightly thickened.
- Add salt, pepper, and Velveeta, stir until cheese is melted.
- Pour pasta into sauce, mixing well.
- Pour into a sprayed 8 x 8-inch dish.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese if desired.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.