Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I get HUGE compliments on this dessert. It's one of my signature recipes. (People love the crust)
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 -6 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fat-free margarine
- 6 -7 medium apples, pared, cored, and sliced
- Crust: Mix flour, salt, and shortening until crumbly. Add cold water 1 tbsp at a time until it forms a ball. Roll out 1/2 mix to line a 9 inch pie pan.
- Filling: Mix sugar, cinnamon, and flour together. Pour over apples. COver with top crust and bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F, then continue baking 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.