Recipe by NOOBchef
Yummy, easy and loved by all, especially mayo-haters ! (Like me. Ick.) Great for beach picnics--can be done with and without food processor.
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 peeled cucumber
- 4 tablespoons light cream cheese (or as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop cucumber into thin slices (should come out with 12 -16) and halve them so they're semicircles.
- With food processor:.
- Chop eggs roughly and process them with curry powder.
- Without food processor:.
- Quarter eggs and remove yolks.Chop finely and mix in curry powder.
- Chop egg whites finely and combine well with yolk mixture.
- After egg prep:.
- Gradually add the olive oil to the egg mixture until it's of a spreadable consistency--you may need less or more olive oil.
- Spread egg mixture on four bread slices and light cream cheese on the other four.
- Alternatively, mix cream cheese with egg mixture and spread on all eight slices. This is for a really egg-mayo effect, but I prefer them to be separated.
- Press cucumber into four of the slices.
- Put the egg bread slices with the cucumber bread slices.
- Enjoy lovely un-mayo sandwiches !