Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
DH got me hooked on these, they take 5 min to make before work and oddly enough the microwaved egg is perfect. It is the best tasting egg sandwich I have ever had and a great was to try and keep my chives snipped.
- Mix egg and milk well in small microwavable bowl.
- Sprinkle with peppers, garlic salt and pepper.
- Microwave uncovered for 1 min and 20 seconds on high.
- Toast bread, spread each slice with mayonnaise and sprinkle one side generously with finely chopped fresh chives.
- Stick egg in the middle and enjoy.
- Can add ham too.
My duaghter and I love these. We add ham and a slice of cheese, and put the chives in with the egg. We also used a toasted bun. No chilis (she's 5!), but used a seasoning blend.
This was okay. I didn't like it as well as I thought I would. The flavor seemed to be lacking something even though it had plenty of spice. I think this would be better with something like bacon, ham or Canadian bacon, and I will add that or a slice of cheese next time. The egg cooked perfectly in the microwave. And it definitely was quick and easy to prepare. Thanks for posting!