The best flavors always seem so simple! Give these a try (I won't eat cucumbers any other way). A nice southern treat! Since the recipe is so easy good ingredients are key. Real or homemade mayo and good salt, seedless cukes.
- Slice the cucumber as thin as you can (1/8" is good).
- Cut out nice circles from the white part of the bread using a 3in cookie cutter(toss the crusts).
- Spread a seriously THIN layer of mayo on each slice and artfully arrange 3-4 cucumber slices on each open faced sandwich.
- Top with 3 or 4 shavings of onion.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with some salt (do not leave this out!).