Recipe by heather5476
I found this recipe in my "Fix It And Forget It" cookbook. I always add some fresh cilantro as well as chopped green onions and extra cheese to mix in as well. This has been a huge hit with everyone I have served it to!
Top Review by kayleekyle
This was very easy to make. Next time I will use 1 med chunky salsa and 1 hot chunky. I did put one more clove of garlic because we love garlic. It would have gone a long way but spilled on hubby leg driving to party. Stays very hot be careful. We did have enough to feed 6 adults with plenty of leftovers even though we lost half in the car and on his ankle/sneakers.. was ready at the 2 hour mark... may also put a can of corn in it next time...also chopped onions on top too.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 2 (16 ounce) jars salsa (as hot or mild as you like)
- 15 ounces refried beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef. Drain. Add salt, pepper, onion powder, and minced garlic.
- Combine beef, salsa, beans, sour cream, and 2 cups cheese in slow cooker.
- Cover. Heat on Low 2 hours. Just before serving, sprinkle with 1 cup cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.