Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever eaten. I also do a variation on them using peanut butter extract and Reese's peanut butter chips. My favorite are the peanut butter ones, but hubby loves the chocolate. I take these to work and they disappear fast.
- 1 lb butter (2 cups)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract (for a little richer flavor)
- 6 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 (12 ounce) bags chocolate chips
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs and extract (s).
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- Drop onto cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 11-15 minutes.
- Yields about 3 1/2 dozen if using an ice cream scoop.
I can't stop eating them! They are so delicious! I want more!!
These cookies truly are the best chocolate chip cookie I've ever had. Light and airy and soft. I think next time I might decrease my flour just a little to keep the batter from getting so crumbly. I added the optional almond extract. EXCEPTIONAL!
Yum. I might use a little more almond extra next time.