Recipe by Stacie B.
I love this recipe!! I have been making this chocolate cake for a while now and it never fails that I am asked to bring it to parties. Not only is this cake delicious and moist, but its semi-homemade recipe makes it easy to whip up in no time at all. The little bursts of chocolate chips make for a pleasant surprise that will leave chocolate lovers begging for more! If you're looking for the perfect chocolate cake, this recipe delivers.
Top Review by DeeVaFoodie
Wow! The batter reminded me of brownie batter because it was so thick. This is a decadent and lucious cake, oh my. I asked my DH for his opinion as he was eating his slice and all he could do was throw his thumbs up while holding on tight to his fork for fear somebody would steal his plate LOL. Awesome cake! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) boxchocolate fudge instant pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter flavored Crisco shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a very large bowl, mix together with an electric mixer everything except chocolate chips. Mix for about 1 min, batter will be thick. Stir in chocolate chips. Spray two 9 inch round pans with nonstick spray and evenly pour in batter.
- Cook for about 50 min, although time may vary so I usually do the toothpick check.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well belnded. Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.