1/2 Photos of The Best Chocolate Cake Ever!
Stacie B.'s Note:
I love this recipe!! I have been making this chocolate cake for a while now and it never fails that I am asked to bring it to parties. Not only is this cake delicious and moist, but its semi-homemade recipe makes it easy to whip up in no time at all. The little bursts of chocolate chips make for a pleasant surprise that will leave chocolate lovers begging for more! If you're looking for the perfect chocolate cake, this recipe delivers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (6 ounce) box chocolate fudge instant pudding
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 stick butter flavored Crisco shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350
- 2In a very large bowl, mix together with an electric mixer everything except chocolate chips. Mix for about 1 min, batter will be thick. Stir in chocolate chips. Spray two 9 inch round pans with nonstick spray and evenly pour in batter.
- 3Cook for about 50 min, although time may vary so I usually do the toothpick check.
- 5In a mixing bowl, cream shortening until fluffy. Add sugar and continue creaming until well belnded. Add salt, vanilla, and whipping cream. Blend on low speed until moistened. Beat at high speed until frosting is fluffy.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Chocolate Cake Ever!
Serving Size: 1 (133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.6
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 82.5 mg
- Sodium 470.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 73.9 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: