Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
We had the best chicken pot pie at church last night! It was great. I asked for the recipe. Baking temp and times are a guesstimate. I forgot to ask. She halved the topping and there was plenty(.i.e. used 6 recipes of the chicken and only 3 of the topping) Feel free to half the topping.I am going to try it soon and be sure I wrote it down right, but I think I did! The buttermilk was sooo good in the topping. I guessed that she had used cheese until I asked.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Boil chicken breasts and vegetables with salt and pepper to taste in water until tender.
- Reserve broth.
- Debone and defat if not using boneless skinless and mix chicken, (and vegetables if desired) and 1 can of chicken soup. Reserve broth.
- Mix flour, buttermilk and melted butter and pour over chicken.
- Pour 2 to 3 cups of broth over the topping.
- Bake at 350 until browned and bubbly.