Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This stew is absolutely amazing, one of my favorite stews. The short ribs add lots of flavor and fall apart when touched. What's even better about this recipe is its so easy to make. There is no need to stand around the kitchen for hours because it basically cooks itself and it's well worth it.
- 3 lbs boneless beef short ribs
- 1 (1 ounce) package hidden valley ranch dressing mix (dry)
- 1 (1 ounce) packageof mccormick brown gravy mix (dry)
- 1 (1 ounce) package italian seasoning mix (dry)
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- carrot (as many as you like)
- idaho potato (as many as you like)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt (optional)
- Brown your short ribs in a frying pan with a small amount of olive oil.
- (I used one package of bone in ribs and one package of boneless).
- Once they're browned, place them in a large pot along with the sliced onions.
- Now fill the pot up with water. Use enough water to cover your meat.
- You will now want to add the ranch, Italian, gravy mix, and salt.
- Once you've added those ingredients, stir them together well, cover your pot, and bring to a boil.
- Once your stew is boiling reduce the heat to a medium low and let cook for a few hours until the meat is soft and falling apart.
- Once the meat is finished, add the carrots and potatoes and cook for 30 to 40 more mins on a medium low until your vegetables are tender.
- Bon appetit :).