1/9 Photos of The Best Asparagus Lemon Pasta
I came across this at Epicurious and fell in love, and its been elsewhere. Years of looking for the lemon pasta I remembered as a child, and finally found it. Tweaked it a little to my own taste, replacing parsley with fresh basil and using linguine. If you don't have tender asparagus, the europes best frozen ones are far better than woody fresh ones. Do NOT substitute lighter creams, it just does not work that well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the asparagus into 1/2 inch slices on the diagonal, or just into 3 pieces.
- 2In a steamer set over boiling water steam asparagus, covered, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.Drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. set aside.
- 3In a 6-quart kettle bring 5 quarts salted water to a boil for pasta.
- 4In a deep 12-inch skillet heat butter and cream over moderately low heat until butter is melted and stir in zest, lemon juice, and salt. Remove skillet from heat and keep sauce warm, covered.
- 5Add pasta to boiling water and boil, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Ladle 1/4 cup pasta water into sauce and drain pasta in colander.
- 6Immediately add pasta and asparagus to sauce and cook over moderate heat, tossing, 1 minute, or until heated through. Add basil and salt and pepper to taste and toss well.
- 7Sprinkle pasta with a little Parmesan and serve more Parmesan on the side.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Best Asparagus Lemon Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.6
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 95.0 mg
- Sodium 668.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 93.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 23.6 g