Quick Asparagus and Lemon Pasta
photo by soveria
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest, about 1/2 lemons worth per tablespoon
- salt and pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While water boils, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in medium skillet. Saute onion until soft; add garlic and saute additional minute. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to boiling water and cook according to box directions. 2 minutes before cook time is up, reserve 1 cup pasta water, then add asparagus to boiling pot. Continue to cook until pasta is al dente. Drain cooked pasta and asparagus. Return pasta and asparagus to the pot, add 1 tablespoon olive oil, onion and garlic mixture, grated cheese, lemon zest and 1/2 the reserved pasta water. Season with salt and pepper, and stir gently until well mixed. Add additional pasta water as needed for desired consistency.
- Serve right away with extra cheese on the side.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!