Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh these are so good. If you are not a tart lover, you will definitely be after trying one of these. This is my mom's recipe and is so good and will help any sweet tooth!
- Prepare pie crust according to your directions and cut and fit into small tart tins. Press evenly against bottom and sides. (or you can use pre-made small tarts
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until smoothly blended.
- Stir in coconut and vanilla.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon jam into each tart shell.
- Cover each tart 2/3 full with coconut mixture.
- Bake on bottom shelf at 300°F for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly then remove from pans. Makes 2 dozen tarts.
followed recipe to a tee and the results were dismal, As I suspected there was too much butter in the coconut topping. What a mess it ran everywhere in my oven also 300 F was too low for temp. The only positive was the taste. It looked like a hot mess but tasted ok.
Very easy and tasted great!