Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Great variation on caesar salad. Best to put dressing on JUST before serving or will become soggy quickly. Use the almonds if not worried about nut-free, they add great flavor. This is my sister's recipe, possibly from Taste of Home? Very large salad, be sure to 1/2 it for smaller numbers.
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup slivered almonds, toasted (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup caesar-flavor croutons
- In a container with tight-fitting lid, combine oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and shake well. Chill.
- In a bowl, toss romaine, tomatoes, Swiss cheese, almonds if desired, Parmesan cheese and bacon.
- Shake dressing; pour over salad and toss.
- Add croutons and serve immediately.