Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe off the Pillsbury website. These cookies are so cute, and so much fun to make!!
Make and share this Thanksgiving Turkey Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) package Pillsbury sugar cookie dough
- 1 (16 ounce) containercreamy chocolate frosting
- candy corn
- orange decorating icing
- black decorating gel
- candy-coated chocolates
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Bake cookies as directed on roll.
- Cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Spoon chocolate frosting into resealable food-storage plastic bag; seal bag.
- Cut small hole in bottom corner of bag.
- On each cookie, pipe frosting on outer edge of half of cookie.
- Arrange candy corn over frosting for feathers.
- Pipe orange icing onto each cookie to resemble turkey face and feet.
- Use orange icing to attach baking bits to turkey face for eyes.
- Pipe black gel on baking bits for centers of eyes.
Old tried and true recipe for these delightful cookies.Made these for one of the kids' party for Thanksgiving at school. Super easy to make and fun too! The kids enjoy sticking the candy corn on the frosting and the chocolate frosting looks like brown feathers behind the yellow and orange candy corn. Though it is hard to make them look exactly alike they come out with different personalities just like kids! enjoy ChefDLH!