Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great way to use your leftover sweet potato casserole. Yummy and easy because you've already done most of the work. Gret for breakfast the next day or anytime you've got leftover sweet potatoes.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked sweet potatoes, from a casserole
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package cornbread mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk (or substitute 1/4 cup heavy cream)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine sweet potato casserole, egg, milk and cornbread mix.
- Let sit in bowl.
- Oil muffin pans and place in preheated oven for about 5 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan from oven and pour oil into batter.
- Stir in oil really well.
- Pour batter into muffin pan filling each one 1/2 of the way full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
These were so moist and yummy! I want to make an extra casserole just to make more!
This was a nice way to use up leftver sweet potatoes. I heated my oiled pans but other than the pan smoking and smelling bad I don't know what that is done for - will not do next time. This recipe made 12 small muffins and do watch the baking time. I pulled out too soon and they were underdone even when "testing" done. I would make sure the tops are quite firm before removing from the oven. I love the taste and my kids ate them better than the casserole at turkey day.
This was a good start for my recipe makeover. I was trying to duplicate a sweet potato muffin recipe from a local soul food restaurant. I pretty much knew how I wanted to go about doing a copy cat, but this recipe helped me immensely. I can't really say how this recipe (as written) would taste, but mine turned out fantastic. Thanks so much Chef369522 for the help!