Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple and easy to prepare recipe is from the kitchen of my local Thai restaurant. Thai curries don't actually have to have curry powder in them to be authentic. This is more of a seasoning mixture.
- 2 stalks lemongrass, thick bottom parts only, outer layers discarded, inner parts sliced
- 2 inches fresh galangal root or 2 inches fresh gingerroot, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 5 shallots, peeled
- 2 dried red chilies, soaked in warm water until soft, stems discarded, deseeded
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- Grind all ingredients to a smooth moist paste in a blender, adding a few drops of water to keep the blades turning, if necessary.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Will last only a few days so use asap.