1/2 Photos of Thai-Style Tilapia With Coconut-Curry Broth
Courtesy of Ellie Krieger. PLEASE NOTE the original recipe called for 2 1/2 tsp red curry paste. I've decreased the amount posted (thanks to a wonderful review) but feel free to adjust to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
- 4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets
- 5 cups Baby Spinach, steamed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (green part only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1In a large saute pan, heat the oil over moderate heat.
- 2Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 3-5 minutes.
- 3Add the curry paste and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, 1/2 teaspoon salt and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, about 5 minutes.
- 5Season the tilapia with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 6Arrange the fish in the pan and gently shake the pan so the fish is coated with the sauce.
- 7Cover and cook until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 7 minutes.
- 8Arrange a pile of steamed spinach in the bottom of 4 soup plates.
- 9Top with the fish fillets.
- 10Stir the cilantro, scallions and lime juice into the sauce and season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- 11Ladle the sauce over the fish and serve with rice.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai-Style Tilapia With Coconut-Curry Broth
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.3
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 85.0 mg
- Sodium 595.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 40.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
light coconut milk