Recipe by Geema
If you have any left over chicken, this is the salad to make. I love it in a pita half with lots of fresh cilantro. But, it's also a great canape topping for a party.
Top Tweak by PanNan
I used 3 cups of left-over chopped rotisserie chicken, and had to substitute red onion for the shallots, which added a nice color contrast. It was good. Next time I will use a bit less lime juice and cilantro - they were just a little overpowering for me, but DH enjoyed very much as it was. Thanks for sharing.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 poached whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, minced (about 1 1/4 pounds or use about 3 cups of any left over chicken)
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄3 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together the lime juice, the salt, the chili powder, the fresh cilantro, the mint, and the sugar.
- Stir in the chicken, the shallot, and the scallion, and then the mayonnaise.
- The chicken salad may be made 1 day in advance and kept overed and chilled.
- Serve in pita halves with cilantro or as a canape topping on crispy toast rounds.