Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Quick&Easy Thai by Nancie McDermott.
- 946.36 ml jasmine rice, cooked and chilled
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml garlic, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 226.79 g medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 226.79 g crushed pineapple, undrained
- 29.58 ml green onions, thinly sliced
- prepare rice by crumbling it with your fingers, breaking up the bigger lumps, and set it aside in a bowl.
- heat wok or large, deep skillet over high heat. add oil until it sizzles, and then add garlic and onion and toss well until shiny and fragrant, about 1 minute add shrimp and cook, tossing now and then, until the onion begins to wilt and shrimp are pink and cooked through, 2-3 minute.
- add rice, fish sauce, and sugar and toss well. add pineapple and green onion and cook about 2 min more, tossing often, until rice is tender and heated through. serve hot or warm.
Quick, easy and tasty. I made as written except for the green onions. I didn't have any so I used parsely flakes. Made for New Kids on the Block.