Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From The Art of the Slow Cooker
Make and share this Thai Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1360.77-1814.36 g beef short ribs
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 29.58 ml minced gingerroot
- 44.37 ml hoisin sauce
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 22.18 ml fish sauce
- 14.79 ml honey
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- lime, juice and zest of
- 1 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 3 scallions, sliced thin
- 29.58 ml finely chopped fresh cilantro
- preheat a broiler on high. Season ribs with salt and pepper and set bone side down on broiler tray. Spray with nonstick spray and broil until meaty parts are brown, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix together the garlic, ginger, hoisin, vinegar, fish sauce, honey, soy sauce, and lime zest and juice in a bowl and pour over ribs. Cook until tender, about 3 to 4 hours on high, or 6 to 8 hours on low.
- Transfer the ribs to a platter. Skim fat from the liquid and discard. Add the jalapeno, scallions, and cilantro and cook on high 5 minutes. Spoon sauce over meat and serve.