Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted from the Uwajimaya recipe website. I haven't had a chance to try it yet (thus I'm guessing at preparation time), but I will! I will probably substitute butter-flavored cooking oil for the butter when I make it.
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 4 sheets phyllo dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (4 -5 ounce) salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- Mix together lime zest through cilantro.
- Lay out 1 sheet of filo and brush with 1/2 Tbs butter.
- Lay 2nd sheet on top and brush with more butter.
- Lay a salmon fillet 2-3 inches from short side of phyllo, season to taste with salt and pepper and put half of lime mixture on top.
- Fold short end of phyllo over salmon, and then fold in the 2 long sides.
- Fold the salmon over twice more, and cut off the remaining pastry.
- Do the same with the other fillet.
- Put the parcels on a greased baking sheet and brush with any remaining butter.
- Bake at 325° 20-25 minutes until brown and crispy.