Recipe by mommyoffour
This sweet-and-sour dish with tender vegetables are simply stir-fried with spices and coconut milk, and flavored with lime. Yum.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
this was very good, I omitted the lemongrass and cilantro I also did some amounts adjustments, I'm not sure if I would use the potatoes again next I make this, I used 2 large jalapeno peppers in place of the chili pepper, we enjoyed this thanks for sharing!
- 2 lbs waxy potatoes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 carrot, cut into thin strips
- 1 zucchini, cut into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch scallion, halved lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped lemongrass
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil and cook the diced potatoes for 5 minutes; drain thoroughly.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet, swirling the oil around the bottom of the wok until it is really hot.
- Add the potatoes, diced bell peppers, strips of carrot and zucchini, and the garlic and chile to the wok, and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions, coconut milk, chopped lemongrass, and the lime juice, and stir-fry the mixture for another 5 minutes.
- Add the lime zest and cilantro and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Serve hot.