Recipe by MarieRynr
Delightful oriental appetizers. Serve individually or cut into bite sized squares. If pressed for time, use boboli rounds. As an alternative to the fiery chili sauce, combine 1/4 cup Hoisin sauce with 1 TBS each of water, sugar and sesame oil. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer over low heat for 3 minutes. Recipe from Above and Beyond Parsley, a Kansas City Junior League cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 12 frozen dinner rolls, defrosted
- 3⁄4 cup szechwan peanut sauce
- 2 poached chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 -2 carrot, julienned or shaved
- 2 green onions, sliced thin diagonally
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- Thai sweet chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease baking sheets with some of peanut oil.
- Brush rolls with remaining peanut oil and follow package directions for rising.
- When rolls have risen, use hands to press each into a 4 inch circle.
- Place on baking sheet and spread 2 TBS peanut sauce on each.
- Scatter shredded chicken over peanut sauce.
- Follow with carrots, green onions and cheese.
- Drizzle chili sauce over all (sauce is hot, so use sparingly).
- Bake at 375*F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Peanut sauce will darken if overbaked.