Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
You serve this pesto with a butternut/sweet potato soup with Thai red curry -- or something similar! It's so easy, and yet different! The recipe is by Diane Heierli, and it comes from the Aug 09 issue of the South African "Good Taste" magazine. It's really worth a try! It's not a big recipe -- you're supposed to make it for about 4 servings of a soup.
- 3 1⁄2 ounces peanuts, unsalted, roasted in a small pan (100g)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 hot peppers, green, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 small bunch coriander, rinsed, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup mint, fresh, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup basil, fresh, rinsed and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (pref freshly squeezed)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, brown (or palm sugar)
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse of whizz until you have a chunky green paste.
- Taste, and season according to your taste (salt or soy, or more of a certain herb, etc.).
- Serve a dollop on each serving of soup. (Enough for 4).