Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The technique intensifies the wonderful lime flavor. Adapted from Victor Sodsook's recipe in "True Thai".
- 1 cup fresh lime juice, lime shells reserved
- 2 quarts water
- 2 cups sugar or 2 cups Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Heat water to a boil and stir in lime juice, empty lime shells, sugar/Splenda, and salt. Remove from heat and allow to steep for 15 minutes, then allow to cool.
- Strain to remove lime shells if desired, and serve over ice.
Decided not to rate this as we ended up pouring it out as both DH and myself just found it had a stage taste with an awful after taste. Though we would love this as we both love limeade but%u2026.. After much debate we thought maybe it was because we have been on low sodium diets for some years and this had what tasted like a lot of salt to us (recipe called for a full teaspoon), so sorry.