Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the Women’s Weekly Best Food Fast cookbook. It’s a wonderful and tangy chicken dish.
Make and share this Thai Lime Chicken With Bok Choy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets (or 4 breast fillets)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red Thai chile, chopped finely (if you don't like your dish too hot, omit the seeds)
- 2 -3 baby bok choy, quartered lengthways
- 1 lime, cut into four slices
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed cilantro leaf
- Heat oil in large frying pan; cook chicken in batches until cooked through.
- Meanwhile place fish sauce, lime juice (and zest), sugar, garlic and chilli in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- Boil, steam or microwave bok choy until tender; drain.
- Add lime slices to same frying pan and cook until both sides are browned.
- Divide chicken among service plates.
- The original recipe states to spoon the dressing over the chicken, and top with the onion and cilantro. I prefer to add the dressing and half the onion and cilantro to the pan and deglaze the pan for a minute or two, then spoon it onto the chicken, topping with the remainder of the onion and cilantro.
- Serve with bok choy, lime slices and jasmine rice.
Very tasty. Browned the chicken as directed removed from the pan and added all the bok choy. No need to blanche the bok choy. Also added a variety of sweet peppers cut up and thai chillies, since I like it spicy. Stir fried all the veggies together added the sauce and returned the chicken to the pan. Served over rice. YUM!
Very tasty - I didn't have bok choy, so I servered it over romaine lettuce. Very tasty!! Very easy to make..