1/2 Photos of Thai Lime Chicken With Bok Choy
This is from the Women’s Weekly Best Food Fast cookbook. It’s a wonderful and tangy chicken dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 8 chicken thigh fillets (or 4 breast fillets)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated palm sugar or 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small red Thai chile, chopped finely (if you don't like your dish too hot, omit the seeds)
- 2 -3 baby bok choy, quartered lengthways
- 1 lime, cut into four slices
- 2 green onions, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup firmly packed cilantro leaf
- 1Heat oil in large frying pan; cook chicken in batches until cooked through.
- 2Meanwhile place fish sauce, lime juice (and zest), sugar, garlic and chilli in a screw-top jar and shake well.
- 3Boil, steam or microwave bok choy until tender; drain.
- 4Add lime slices to same frying pan and cook until both sides are browned.
- 5Divide chicken among service plates.
- 6The original recipe states to spoon the dressing over the chicken, and top with the onion and cilantro. I prefer to add the dressing and half the onion and cilantro to the pan and deglaze the pan for a minute or two, then spoon it onto the chicken, topping with the remainder of the onion and cilantro.
- 7Serve with bok choy, lime slices and jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Lime Chicken With Bok Choy
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 233.2
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 487.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 28.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red Thai chile