Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a very strong concentrate used at restaurants. Just remember do not mix the tea with Sugar Syrup and or half-and-half until ready to serve. If you do not used Pantai Norasingh Thai Tea Mix add 2 tablespoons of crushed cardamom pods in addition to your Thai tea mix. If you cannot find a Thai Tea Mix you can used: 2 tablespoons of crushed cardamom pods, 1/2 tablespoon clove (crushed), 3 tablespoons tamarind seeds (crushed), 2 teaspoons whole coriander seed (optional), 4 to 8 whole star anise (crushed), 1/4 teaspoon vanillin powder, 2 1/2 cups strong loose leaf black tea (such as Darjeeling or Assam) and added 5 minutes before the first straining 1/2 teaspoon orange extract and 5 rosebuds.
- 1 gallon distilled water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili pepper
- 1⁄3 cup kona ground coffee (optional)
- 3 cups pantai norasingh Thai tea mix
Tea Sugar Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter pancake syrup pancake syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanillin powder artificial vanilla flavoring
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups distilled water
- TEA DIRECTIONS:.
- Bring one gallon of water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Stir in tea leaves, cinnamon, black pepper, chili pepper, and coffee.
- Stir for 2 to 5 minutes until most of the tea leaves start to sink.
- Remove mixture from heat and let steep 10 minutes.
- TIP: If you want a clean crisp tea fill the pitcher up with ice before adding and straining the tea. If you want a dark bold flavor do not add the ice at this step!
- Pour tea through a "Cloth Tea Filter Sock" or nylon sock into a pitcher, discarding tea leaves .
- Cool to room temp (if iced cool until ice is melted).
- Pour tea a second time through "Cloth Tea Filter Sock" or nylon sock into a empty gallon water bottle (make sure the lid can be place on tight).
- Cap and refrigerate.
- TEA SUGAR SYRUP DIRECTIONS:.
- Mix all ingredients a large pot.
- Cook at medium to high heat.
- Once the mixture boils remove from stove immediately.
- Let cool and refrigerate.
- TO SERVE:.
- Fill a glass with 7 oz crushed ice pour tea over ice up to 8 oz.
- Add 1/2 to 2 oz of Sugar Syrup.
- At "tableside" add 1 to 2 oz of half-and-half.
- Traditional Variation: Substitute coconut milk or evaporated milk for half & half.