I love hot and sour soup and i found this recipe and i thought i would post it even thought i am not a big fan of scallops. From the kitchen of Martin James.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb small fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined (shells reserved)
- 1/2 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 lemongrass, stalks cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 green onions, sliced julienne
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green serrano chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 red serrano chilie, seeded and slivered
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1Combine shrimp shells with stock, Green chiles, salt, lime, zest, lime leaves and lemongrass stalks in heavy non-aluminum pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 4Return liquid to pot and place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- 5Add shrimp and scallops and cook for 1 minute.
- 6Stir in fish sauce and lime juice.
- 7Add chopped cilantro, slivered red chili, shiitake slices, and green onions.
- 8Stir and ladle into individual bowls.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Hot and Sour Seafood Soup
Serving Size: 1 (472 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 192.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.4 mg
- Sodium 1683.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
red serrano chilies