Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love hot and sour soup and i found this recipe and i thought i would post it even thought i am not a big fan of scallops. From the kitchen of Martin James.
- 1⁄2 lb small fresh shrimp, shelled and deveined (shells reserved)
- 1⁄2 lb scallops
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 3 lemongrass, stalks cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 2 green onions, sliced julienne
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green serrano chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 red serrano chilie, seeded and slivered
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice
- Combine shrimp shells with stock, Green chiles, salt, lime, zest, lime leaves and lemongrass stalks in heavy non-aluminum pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Return liquid to pot and place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp and scallops and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in fish sauce and lime juice.
- Add chopped cilantro, slivered red chili, shiitake slices, and green onions.
- Stir and ladle into individual bowls.