Recipe by Roxxy
A healthier variation of the Thai styled fish cake, can easily be adapted according to preferred levels of heat. Nutritional Information Per cake Fat total 1.2 g Saturated 0.2g Fibre 0.5g Protein10.0g carbs 6.8g sugar 0.5g sodium 299mg cals (79)
Top Review by Chef Smig52
I used a pound of Pollock, used 1 tablespoon of dried coriander, substituted crumbled garlic triskets for the bread crumbs and flour, and used rice flour instead of cornflour. I pan fried them in coconut oil which gave them a nice accent. Very tasty with a predominant curry flavor and aroma. I will make these again.
- 500 g boneless fish fillets
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 cup shallot
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 4 teaspoons red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- plain flour, for coating
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fish pieces into a food processor and process a few minutes.
- Chop Coriander leaves and shallots.
- Add all remaining ingredients and process until a reasonably smooth consistency is reached.
- Roll into 12 cakes then lightly coat in plain flour.
- Generously spray a non-stick frying pan with cooking spray, when hot fry fish cakes until cooked on both sides.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce (extra).