Recipe by MechanicalJen
Looking to try more healthy foods this new year? These are refreshing - you'll look foward to dinner as much as I do when making these!
- 10 1⁄2 ounces crabmeat, canned and drained
- 1 -2 Thai chile, seeded and chopped
- 6 scallions, sliced
- 5 ounces zucchini, grated
- 4 ounces carrots, grated
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 egg whites
- cooking spray
- 2⁄3 cup plain yogurt, preferably lowfat
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Place crabmeat in a bowl and stir in chiles, scallions, zucchini, carrot and cilantro. Add cornstarch and mix well.
- Beat the eggwhites in a separate bowl, then stir into crab mixture and mix well.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and drop small spoonfulls of mixture into skillet. Fry over low heat for 3-4 minutes, pressing down with the back of a spatula. Turn over halfway through cooking. Cook cakes in batches.
- Mix yogurt and tabasco sauce in a small bowl and stir in sesame seeds. Spoon into small bowl and use as dipping sauce for crab cakes.