Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled & shredded
- 8 ounces string beans, trimmed & cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed & thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno pepper, seeded & finely minced
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (nam pla)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon palm sugar or 1⁄2 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- Combine carrots, string beans,& sliced tomato in a large bowl.
- Add minced garlic& toss to combine In a small bowl whisk together minced jalepeno, lime juice, fish sauce,& sugar until dissolved.
- Toss with carrot mixture& let stand 15+ minutes to develop flavor.
- Sprinkle chopped peanuts on top of salad just before serving.
We had TONS of carrots to use up, and this fit the bill perfectly! Delicious!!!!!!!!!
I don't know. It was a nice combination of veggies and textures, but I thought the dressing needed something -- maybe a little sesame oil? A little soy perhaps? It just needed kicking up a bit.
Outstanding flavour! Had a lovely zing to it. I had to use canned green beans and I used a red hot pepper that I had in and splenda brown sugar mix , turned out wonderful. Like the other reviewer mentioned , this makes a lot for 2 , we will be enjoying it for a couple of days. Thanks for posting it , I will be making it again!